This new scholarship, funded by the IELTS partners (British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations), is in memory of Morgan Terry, a dear colleague who made significant contributions to the work of IELTS until her untimely death in 2011.
The award consists of:
– booking for the TEA SIG’s pre-conference event
– booking for the main conference
– a year’s IATEFL membership
– a maximum of five nights’ accommodation
– travel costs including, if necessary, an economy flight to the UK*
– GBP 50.00 per day expenses
*this includes cost of flights and airport transfers but not the costs of stopovers
To qualify you must:
– have prepared learners for taking IELTS
– have never attended the main IATEFL annual conference
– agree to write an article 6 months after the conference about how attendance at the conference has enriched your practice
To be considered you should submit, in 400-500 words:
– educational material you have created (e.g. lesson plan, classroom activity) and used to prepare prospective IELTS candidates for taking the test
– the creation process behind the material
– the reason(s) why the material is innovative
– how the material may be used by other teachers.
The submission date is 20 September 2012. You will be informed of the result by mid- October 2012.
Please apply using our online application form at http://www.iatefl.org/information/scholarships ;
• Select ‘Apply for a Scholarship’
• Click ‘I am applying for the first time’
(This takes you to a page where you will be able to fill in your profile. If you have an IATEFL membership number then please don’t forget to include it. Have your photo ready to upload. You’ll be given your scholarship record code when you fill in and submit the profile page.)
• Save your scholarship record code, and use it to apply for any further scholarships you qualify for – as few or as many as you like but paying close attention to the task requirements for each – and clicking ‘I have applied before’ after the ‘Apply for scholarship’ button.